Faction Update — June 2023

___Promotions, Reductions & Assignments;
___Suspensions, Discharges & Administrative Leave;
___Reinstatements & Transfers;
___Resignations;
___Field Operations Directives;
___Awards & Commendations;

Moderators: LSSD Executive Staff, LSSD Command Staff, LSSD Supervisory Staff, Unit Commanders

Roderick Hayward
LSSD Executive Staff
LSSD Executive Staff
Badge number: 20054
Duty Pistol: Glock 17 (9mm)

Post by Roderick Hayward »

It's been awhile, everyone. The last update provided by Jack back in April provided insights of quiet a few modding projects that he has been working on for the faction. Since then, Jack has completed even more modding for us, and it's quiet spicy. This ranges from uniforms, objects, mapping clean ups, and much more. With all the work he's provided to us as a faction, he's also joined the official modding team for LS:RP. He will be over looking all of our faction related mods and see where we can improve.

REFRESHER COURSE
We know a lot of you have been out of the law enforcement roleplay scene for quiet some time, and some of you have kept up with it. We decided to make a quick refresher course with the basics you need as a patrol deputy within this faction. We do hope you give it a quick read over. If you have any more questions or concerns, you're more than welcome to reach out to Command/Executive Staff. This will be sent out shortly

Along with the refresher course.. It's important to set up your Teamspeak3 binds! The instructions to that are below.
Teamspeak 3: show

TeamSpeak Policy

As per the server metagaming rules, the faction is permitted to utilize TeamSpeak 3 to communicate in-character during situations where in-game communications would be unfeasible. These situations include:
  • Active Shooter Situations;
  • Vehicle/Foot Pursuits; and
  • Coordination of special operations within reason.
In-character communications may only take place in Duty or Tactical Channels. TeamSpeak shall not be used in any other circumstance to communicate in character.

TeamSpeak Central

The Los Santos County Sheriff's Department uses the "Channel Commander" feature of TeamSpeak to designate on duty members. For this same reason, whisper binds (which are portrayed as 'central transmission' or 'the patch') target users with their Channel Commander feature set on. To set up a whisper bind:
  • Open the TeamSpeak "Tools" tab and select "Whisper Lists" or just use 'Ctrl+Shift+W';
  • Create a new whisper list;
  • Set the hotkey to the key you want to use (make sure it's not something you need for any other purpose);
  • Set "Whisper to:" to be for "Groups" and not "Clients & Channels";
  • Set "Group Whisper Type:" to be "Channel Commander";
  • And then just set "Group Whisper Target:" to be "All Channels".
If you use it and you are warned that no whisper targets were found, this means that the bind wasn't set right, or that there's nobody with their Channel Commander enabled on TeamSpeak.

Central checks may be done with the purpose of verifying that someone's central bind works. This should only be done when there is reasonable doubt that a person's central check does not work and it may only be done once, without repeating obsolete transmissions. Its confirmation should be ideally done over the faction chat, as the issue is only related to an out-of-character technicality.

To respond to situations more easily, it is recommended to set up hotkeys in TeamSpeak which:
  • Switch to Channel (Los Santos County Sheriff's Department/[AREA TACTICAL CHANNES]/A-TAC 1) on Current Server;
  • Switch to Channel (Los Santos County Sheriff's Department/[AREA TACTICAL CHANNES]/A-TAC 2) on Current Server;
  • Switch to Channel (Los Santos County Sheriff's Department/[AREA TACTICAL CHANNES]/A-TAC 3) on Current Server;
  • Switch to Channel (Radio Communications/Mutual Aid 1) on Current Server;
  • Switch to Last Visited Channel.

DEPUTY GANGS
I've had quiet a few people ask if we are doing this, and the answer is? Yes. This is something that will be regulated and monitored, as we are held to a high standard. Individuals who wish to run deputy gangs and/or cliques are encouraged to reach out to their Unit Commanders first and provide details of what their intentions are, and how they plan on roleplaying this. It should be noted, since the LASD's leadership has changed and is now under Sheriff Robert Luna that Deputy Gangs are being investigated more then under it's previous Sheriff. You should weigh out your character's risks of getting removed for being in a deputy clique.

ACTIVITY
We will begin enforcing the faction's activity rules. The current requirement is a 1.0, however it can be looked at in the near future if lowering it slightly as I know over the years a lot of us have moved on and only wish to jump in every once in awhile to patrol and do what they enjoy doing the most — game. Our first activity check will be performed in the recruitment area and has actually already began. Our next activity check has also already began by FTP Administrators/Management. They have also recently reviewed the list of trainees we have in the faction and decided to go ahead and put a few of them back into their previous positions as Deputy Sheriffs.

DAVIS TRAFFIC SERVICES DETAIL
Over the past few weeks, we have slowly reformed the Traffic Detail. I would like to credit Mhrhan (who irony is one of the faction's worst drivers) for his incredible effort of working and putting material together for the detail. We do have some minor polishing to do, but we'll get it done. We were going to place the detail into the Paleto region however the majority of traffic wished for it to be placed into Davis. With the new trucking script in place, we have created a Commercial Vehicle Enforcement sector within traffic. We will be working together with the LSGOV/LSDOT side to enforce motor vehicle laws in regards to truckers. Furthermore, we have also added TRAP. For those who don't know what TRAP is, TRAP is Taskforce for Regional Autotheft Prevention. In the past, it was simply setting up bait cars. Now days, it'll actually be more investigative into vehicle thefts, tracking down any chop shops, and taking down illegal street racing. They will also work with GET/OSS.

BOLINGBROKE DETENTION CENTER, NORTH.
As we are approaching the launch of LS-RP:V. We are entering a new era of the LSSD we once knew. A one were we are the main source of managing jail roleplay. With this we have some pretty neat systems ingame ready for us to use. In the next day or so I will release a separate post to document/explain the new procedures for inmate intake and how the MDC system works for inmates. To be begin with it'll be pretty simple and as time progresses and we get more systems in place we can make it feel that much more of a real portrayal.

This is new to us so there will be bumps, hitches and everything else that comes with these things along the way, I would like to ask everyone to provide feedback where needed, offer suggestions and generally help us kick start this new style of roleplay to the faction.

Again, we are looking for people who would like to be apart of the Custody Services Division, this can be on a alt and there isn't any mandatory jail hours or activity. Every little helps and it'll go a long way. You can send in a Letter of Interest in to take part.

BSSS
Individuals who have partook in the entry level exams for the Sergeant program and have passed will begin their newly assignments after launch. We will start it off a bit different and do the individuals who scored the highest first.

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF.
Nearly two full years since the initial release date was announced and we are finally here. It's been a rough and rocky road along the way, some demotivating times too. I just want to say from the bottom of my heart thank you to everyone who has stuck around and put there teeth in to help us achieve the position we are in today.

In the coming days we'll be getting ingame and completing all faction rank permissions, rank pay, vehicles, TeamSpeak3 setup and so much more. It's going to be a very busy time period over the next few days before pre-release. When I have more information relating to getting everyone on TeamSpeak I will let everyone know.

With the refresher course please make sure you go over everything as it's vital for launch. While on the topic of refreshing our memory, please go to our WiKi and ensure you read over the legal faction rules once more, you can find them here. A topic will accompany this for everyone to R&U relating to the two topics posted here.

We will be opening our suggestion board again two weeks after the 16th. From this date we can start considering new suggestions for the faction, I can't wait to see new suggestions coming in now we are not limited to SAMP.

As mentioned in the opening of this topic, I am now apart of the official LS-RP modding team. I now have a direct say or part in the mods we will be using going forward, we have a pretty good base so far. I will start compiling a list of new modifications I am working on, looking to add and want further feedback from the faction. In the coming weeks I'll create a modding suggestions post for the faction, where you can post any suggestions you wish to see on LS-RP.

That is all I have to say at this moment in time, but more news will follow in the coming days.

Regards
jack
Image Los Santos County Sheriff's Department
UNDERSHERIFF RODERICK HAYWARD
Office of the Undersheriff
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"
Newlin Miller
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
Duty Pistol: Glock 41 (.45 ACP)

Re: Faction Update — June 2023

Post by Newlin Miller »

Oh yea
LIEUTENANT NEWLIN J. MILLER
(Acting) Unit Commander, Special Enforcement Bureau
Eliana Herrera
Retired Sergeant
Retired Sergeant
Badge number: 31649
Duty Pistol: Glock 19 (9mm)

Post by Eliana Herrera »

did this guy just call me the worst driver of the faction
SERGEANT ELIANA HERRERA
Operations Sergeant, Davis Sheriff's Station
Veronica Collins
Retired Sergeant
Retired Sergeant
Badge number: 20063
Duty Pistol: Glock 19 (9mm)

Post by Veronica Collins »

Isabel Olsen wrote: 09 Jun 2023, 01:33 did this guy just call me the worst driver of the faction
facts
CAPTAIN MADISON LOWE
UNIT COMMANDER, DAVIS SHERIFF'S STATION

ALSO Lieutenant VERONICA COLLINS — WATCH COMMANDER, DAVIS SHERIFF'S STATION
ALSO Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I) JUSTIN KNOX — TEAM MEMBER, SPECIAL ENFORCEMENT DETAIL

FAVORITE SUPERVISORY STAFF MEMBER 2021
Jacob Kolczynski
Retired Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
Retired Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
Badge number: 40137
Duty Pistol: Smith & Wesson M&P9 (9mm)

Post by Jacob Kolczynski »

DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS I) JACOB KOLCZYNSKI
Patrol Deputy - Davis Station
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service "
Remington Hicks