Faction Update

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF
Brasi, Sheriff wrote:Hey, I hope everyone is well. The overall objective of this faction update is to inform everyone what is going on within the faction. We've collected multiple feedback forms from you guys and this will be a full breakdown of the feedback forms to show transparency, which is one of the main issues we've been having according to these feedback forms. Everyone within the leadership team will provide feedback on what we'll be doing.

First off I want to talk about activity throughout the faction, including everyone that holds a leadership position within this faction. This starts from the very top which includes myself. I know that people have noticed that my activity has dropped over the past couple of weeks. To give you a bit more background on this, I have three companies I run and manage in real life. Two of them being a trucking company, and one of them being a lawncare service. Over the past weeks, these companies have been keeping me crazy business which resulted in me working 7 days a week, 14+ hours a day. With that being said, I had informed my entire team at the time that I was on leave of absence and had appointed Jack to Rank 2 of the faction during this time. For anyone who does not know what that means, rank 2 can take FULL control of the faction in the event of my absence. Putting Jack into this position I've already started to see a drastic increase of things needing to be done.

In regards to activity from our Command Staff team, we do have a slight problem in terms of activity. It isn't bad, but it's also not the best. To break it further down, Command Staff does work on the forums and discord discussions, but they do not have a lot of in-game activity and in the field. Moving forward, the entire Command Staff will be seen more in game and in the field. If they're not seen in the field, they're risking being removed out of the Command Staff team.

Recently, we have assigned Iudex as the Commander, acting Division Chief over the Administrative Services Division. Iudex brings a lot of previous experience to the faction and has already contributed a lot to the faction. We're also going to assign Azuko to the Commander of the Central Patrol Division. Azuko also has previous experience, previously being the Assistant Sheriff of Patrol Operations years ago. Everything Azuko gets assigned to he handles in a quick and very effective manner and he has shown that since his placement into the Command team. We've also recently assigned Kayayday to our Command Team. Kayayday has previous experience as a faction leader as well and brings a good amount of knowledge to the table.

In regards to the Detective Division, I myself will begin leading it fully. This is not a secret that the Detective Division has been lacking in terms of activity as well. Something we've recently done to promote activity within the area is we have managed to get a few others in and have successfully launched an operation called Operation Eye Watch. Since the launch of Operation Eye Watch, we've already executed two search warrants. We still have more to work on in regard to these search warrants, but we also have arrest warrants that we will be filing as well. If this is something you're interested in, you can send me a letter of interest to my private messages.

I'm also happy to announce that we do indeed have some new skins being worked on. Some of them are already on the LSRP test server and credits to Kremz for helping and assisting with this.

MESSAGE FROM THE UNDERSHERIFF
jack, Undersheriff wrote:
I'll be working with Azuko in his newly found position of Commander. I doubt he needs my help much but I'll be over seeing the great work I'm sure he will contribute to the Patrol Operations in the coming days to come. The focus will be reviving the core foundations on what this faction was originally built on back in 2008, patrolling and having boots on the ground and getting hands dirty.

Both of our stations have a lot of lore and culture built up around them, mainly driven from our real life portrayal of each station. Such as East Los Santos being "Fort Apache" and all of the buearaucy within the station, this is something the command teams should know and should be pushing to the general patrol deputies of each faction. You'll see more of each for each of our East Los Santos and our newly found West Vinewood Station.

With the above you'll see a lot more Discord events popping up for when they are scheduled and setup. All Supervisory Staff now have access to do this and Executive Staff implore our supervisors to utilise them more and more. We'll be able to track interest, promote to the wider server and much more. This is not limited to major events, could be something localised within your station such as; Rollcalls, Station Lunches, Pinning Ceremonies or general station meet ups for roleplay opportunities.

Outside of the above, I'll be working on small systems that makes your lives ten times easier, I am currently working on creating a small website to generate BBCode formats that we use. I understand that some of the formats can be very complex and very annoying to work on and can often drive members away from doing any forum work in general, the site will have the basics, such as FTP/DORs, UOF's, Property Seziure reports, field statements and other formats that are more commonly used across the wider faction.

Once the site is functional and operating, I'll be reaching out to individual bureaus to make life easier for the members of the faction in those areas.

In other news I will be working with Kremz when I get the chance to help him create some new and refreshed skins that better represent our department along with other mods he requires help with, it's been a while we've had any updated mods and we are in need. With this I will be working with Legal Faction Management and Illegal Faction team to agree on a location for our new East Los Santos station I teased a few weeks back. This was pushed back in the location it was in due to some close conflicts with surrounding factions.

MESSAGE FROM DIVISION CHIEF, SPECIAL OPERATIONS DIVISION
unlawfulact, Chief of Special Operations Division wrote: Hey guys. I'll try keep this as short as possible. The Special Operations Division has been doing exceptionally well in my eyes over the recent months. SEB has taken a large hit as of recent with a number of members resigning, leaving SED and ESD combined at a total of 14 members. We've recently opened up recruitment to help bolster our numbers and ensure a large enough team is available at any given time the faction wishes to page us. We've hosted an IC awards ceremony to commemorate deputies that were involved in a large scale situation back on the 8th of July. This award ceremony should've been done sooner but I got drastically caught up with work and other real life related duties. During the last couple of months I was able to promote Griffin to Unit Commander of SEB and later to Commander of Special Operations underneath me to ensure the division has an active head at either end of the timezones. So if one of us is unavailable or offline, please don't hesitate to contact the other body.

Aero Bureau, a bureau that has struggled since the dawn of dawn. We fought tooth and nail to try and create a realistic environment around Aero Bureau and it came back to bite us in the behind. Making Aero Bureau a primary assignment, while it was a dream, I don't think it went the way everyone planned it too. It shot down helicopter activity and left active AB members unable to switch accounts to respond to situations where a helicopter is necessary. Recently, alongside newly appointed Aero Bureau UC shotty, we have reverted Aero Bureau back to being a secondary assignment. This meaning whatever character you play on as your main, is now allowed to become a member of Aero Bureau. We hope that this will actively promote joining Aero Bureau as we all know how it feels to be in a pursuit and have AB unresponsive to seven hundred pagers. Shotty has revamped a lot of training and manuals internally within Aero Bureau so if flying a chopper might suit you from time to time, make sure to check out the opportunities board and send in a LOI to the Unit Commander of Aero Bureau.

To close this out I would like to thank each and every single member of the department for contributing to SOD, the faction provides us situations to respond to which allow us to be as active as we are and most definitely were. In the near future we plan on having ESD accompanied by members of FD host station BLS training for all deputies to enhance medical roleplay faction wide and provide passive station RP, I'm hoping we can gather enough interest to be able to do one for each station to allow a little bit more realism around our roleplay. SEB also has plans to host department wide trainings, we held a CQC training at our killhouse interior in San Fierro not too long ago and we wish to broaden that out a little more and help the faction create positive roleplay amongst eachother and not just drive around in a cruiser endlessly.

If any of you have any questions, queries, suggestions or concerns about SOD, please reach out to either myself or Griffin and we will get back to you ASAP.

Thank you.
MESSAGE FROM DIVISION CHIEF, ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES DIVISION
Iudex, Chief of ASD wrote: As Chief of ASD, I will be revamping a lot of the faction's functions to ensure smooth operation for members. We have feedback about several parts of FTP and I am proud to announce, we have heard your concerns and made changes which have gone into effect.

With my appointment, I am aiming to ensure that our faction is more on quality of roleplay and opportunities for faction members. One of the major changes we have done is transitioning our hiring into rolling recruitment. With this change, our applications remain open indefinitely and people get in as time goes.

With the aforementioned changes, we have modified several aspects of Training Bureau to reduce wait time for individuals. They will apply, go through a written test, interview and then a final examination. All of which can be done within three days. We are planning to host more events related to Weapons Training and Career Fairs.

We currently are seeking individuals to help us out in TB: PEU, so if you are interested let me know.

As for the Field Training Program, I will attach below a word from our Assistant Coordinator:
Field Training Program wrote:
In response to your feedback, we've decided to revamp the Field Training Program significantly. The changes will focus on key principles such as accessibility and adaptability. We aim to make the program more dynamic and accessible, accommodating a diverse range of trainees with varying needs.

Here's a brief summary of the changes that take effect today:

1. The Field Training Program is now more flexible in terms of its duration. We recognize that each trainee has unique needs and learning styles. While the program can be completed within two weeks and three days upon enrollment, we will allocate a minimum of two weeks per phase to ensure comprehensive coverage of the curriculum. This approach allows trainees to progress at their own pace, with a focus on identifying and addressing any challenges they may encounter. The Field Training Program has a standard completion deadline of six weeks. However, in certain cases, up to two phase extensions may be granted by Field Training Management, allowing for a maximum of eight weeks to complete the program.

2. Phase One has been restructured to include Training Sessions in place of Daily Observation Reports. During this phase, trainees will receive instruction on operating departmental vehicles, conducting searches, utilizing department radios and other provided equipment, and applying various departmental procedures. This phase can range from three days to two weeks, with the possibility of a one-week extension in specific cases. To advance to the next phase, trainees must complete two training sessions. The new Training Session Format is now available to Field Training Officers.

3. Phase Two has been restructured to increase the level of pressure on the trainee and introduce them to more complex field activities. This phase covers advanced field operations such as felony stops, emergency driving, pursuits, and handling barricaded suspects. Trainees will be evaluated on a broader range of competencies during this period. The duration of Phase Two can range from one to two weeks, with the possibility of a one-week extension in specific cases. To progress to the next phase, trainees must complete three Daily Observation Reports. The new Daily Observation Report Format is now available to Field Training Officers.

4. Phase Three will remain unchanged. Trainees must complete the program coverage checklist before advancing to this phase. It will continue to serve as a strictly evaluative phase, where the trainee's readiness to become a full Deputy Sheriff will be assessed, along with any issues that may have arisen during the Field Training Program. The duration of this phase will also range from one to two weeks.

5. The Program Coverage Checklist has been revised to include additional criteria, ensuring that trainees are thoroughly prepared to become Deputy Sheriffs. This update aims to provide more comprehensive training and address a broader range of competencies, ultimately fostering high-quality Deputy Sheriffs and enhancing the standard of service provided to the community. Additionally, the Trainee Progress File has been updated to reflect the new Program Coverage Checklist.

6. The Trainee Guidelines have been updated to incorporate recent changes and enhance transparency throughout each phase. Additionally, trainees are now permitted to support active Deputy Sheriffs not only while performing Support Car duties but also through Traffic Enforcement Support.

Any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding the Field Training Program can be forwarded to the (Assistant) Coordinator, Field Training Program.
As part of our transparency in ASD, we will start implementing feedback to individuals who were denied from any unit or any opportunity. This includes prospective applicants. You will be informed of your denial reason for any action

In addition Shotty is working on creating events such as career fairs. So watch out for that!

I am always open to suggestions or questions. Do not hesitate to contact me. Thank you.
MESSAGE FROM AREA COMMANDER, CENTRAL PATROL DIVISION
Azuko, Commander of CPD wrote:Taking over as Commander of CPD, I want to reduce the friction that is caused by the natural curiosities of doing different things in the department.

At the end of the day, we all end up doing precisely what CPD is meant to do — provide day-to-day patrol roleplay opportunities.

Whether you do that through SEB, OSS, TSD, or whatever other patrol entities there are, you are still supporting our mission. There should not be some sort of a walled garden between any parts of the department since we all end up doing the exact same thing.

With my appointment, I look forward to expanding on the passive roleplay opportunities that our faction members can provide in and around our stations. Gun buybacks, organized deputy events, and otherwise advertised events are awesome! But they're time consuming, gruesome to deal with on the long end, and don't let you get back to just... playing the game.

Throughout the years a lot has been scrubbed, simplified, and then re-complicated again. Different leadership types always leads to different types of workload and expectations. Given enough time, it makes it hard to orient ourselves in times of change. I like to hop on the game, roleplay with ya'll, roleplay with civilians/gang members, and hop off feeling relaxed. No one should be required to think twice about what they're representing or the 'optics' of a situation.

Both stations will be undergoing a command team change. West Vinewood is seeking an entire command team — this can be interpreted as an opportunity for those of you who are not currently in supervising positions.

We need people with a genuine enjoyment for their role within the department. If you have been a supervisor within the last year and a half (18 months) or a command member within either faction (PD or SD) in the last two and a half (30 months) — reach out to me. I'd love to have some dialogue and potentially open up a path to move into some of these station command positions.

If you have an interest outside of that and need to follow the path naturally, still hit me up. I want everyone who wants to advance, to have a goal in mind. To have a pathway to walk.

Partially under my scope is the OSS/GET and Station Detective portions of the Patrol Division. I'll be working closely with Sinclair, Brasi, and anyone else involved in the criminial investigations portion of the faction.

Reach out to me if you have comments, concerns, or feel like venting about the current state of affairs.
MESSAGE FROM UNIT COMMANDER, EAST LOS SANTOS SHERIFF'S STATION
Matt, Captain of ELS wrote:The East LS team is currently going under some changes. I am also working on a unit that will be introduced in the next weeks and will allow a number of you to join it and participate in some quality slow-paced roleplay. We are also looking at expanding the supervisory team (Field and Watch Sergeants/Lieutenants), so if anyone is interested, please contact me and we can discuss any opportunities. As we are all aware, we are soon getting a new station currently being a WIP by jack, so we are all excited for that and the all-new opportunities it will bring.
MESSAGE FROM UNIT COMMANDER, INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU
Kayayday, Captain of IAB wrote:I am the Captain of Internal Affairs Bureau. I have previously been assigned to IAB for a long time and have a lot of opportunities in mind to create passive roleplay for the faction. I do not want people to think of IAB as something to be afraid of. The opportunities I will be introducing is a new scheme whereby SIB will be coordinating with each other in order to release UOF reports publicly.

This will create roleplay across social media platforms in-character. Other avenues of roleplay we are exploring is things such as integrity checks in certain situations, upping the roleplay with individuals who might be troublemakers in-character.

Other ideas include better approach to callouts. We will be speaking to supervisors in order to ensure we integrate more roleplay into use of force incidents. I want people to know that the presence of IAB does not immediately equate someone being in trouble. We aim to create more avenues of roleplay.
UNDERSHERIFF DAVID GUNNER
OFFICE OF THE UNDERSHERIFF
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"
Marvin Low

Faction Update (02)

Hello,

To maintain transparency, this is the second update for what we are working on.

Inactivity Removals

During the feedback we received, it was brought to our attention that the method we review activity removals is wrong. We will now start with this month's activity check and remove people who violate our regulations for activity.

LSSD Modifications

Thanks to @Ricardo Papier, I would like to thank him immensely for his contribution to the faction, worked tirelessly on our new West Vinewood Station and now is working on skins for us too. I will put down some words from him:
Kremz, Mapping & Modding Lead wrote:
Regarding SD Mapping & Modding, I've had quite a few inquiries lately regarding skins, mapping, and clothing for SD, with members expressing how these updates could encourage more activity within the faction. I wanted to share some updates on what we've been working on, as I believe it's important for everyone to stay informed.

I've been collaborating closely with developers on pushing these modding updates. Recently, I've completed a full skin pack for the Operation Safe Streets Bureau, including GET (OSSB). In addition to that, I've addressed some specific requests, such as creating an SEB vest, a traffic vest, and a drop-leg holster (which I have now completed and will join us in the server shortly).

After picking up from where Jack left off, I’m currently reworking the East Los Santos Sheriff Station to ensure it’s properly implemented and that its surroundings are up to standard with its new location. Alongside this, I'm continuing updates on the West Vinewood Station, including resolving the FPS issues and replacing the construction mapping in the back with a dedicated entrance for station detectives along with fixing minor bugs.

Looking ahead, I’m planning to redo all the patrol skins, and down the line, I’ll also be developing a few subsidiary SEB-style crime suppression uniforms.

If you notice any issues related to mapping or modding or if you have any requests for additions or changes, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’m here to make sure everything runs smoothly and meets your expectations.
Sneak Peek!: show
On the matter of additions to the faction, @Francis Hopkins is working on a formatter to ease the forum work aspect of things. We believe in more time to roleplay than to spend on the forums.

Supervisors+

Based on feedback we received, we are currently working on an update geared towards our supervisory team to instill a new mindset. We added the ability to Sergeants to create events. In addition to that, we have @Robert Crandall looking into assisting us with Sheriff's Information Bureau, if you are interested in organizing roleplay for the faction, do not hesitate to join!

Our supervisors will play a more active role in focusing on roleplay instead of jumping from scene to scene. Watch this space for more.

Suggestions

We sincerely apologize for the lack of active contribution to the suggestions section. We have fully reviewed them and concluded them. We encourage all of you to post any further suggestions you might have regarding the faction.

West Vinewood Station

Thanks to @Douglas Parker, we have a new person now overseeing West Vinewood Station directly. He will be boots on the ground and ensuring the station runs smoothly. We are also working on lore to showcase what West Vinewood has to offer!

Field Training Program

As seen previously, FTP has been revamped to ensure we cut down on the overkill in its processes. It is with sadness, I bid @Dominique Collins farewell. He contributed immensely and it did not go unnoticed.

I will personally be overseeing FTP with Luca and assist him however I can.

Training Bureau & Applicants

We currently are having a steady influx of applications with our new method of rolling recruitment. We received a good amount of applications and require people to assist us by joining PEU. If you are interested PM me.

Thank you all and I will ensure each day we are more transparent with you as a faction and inform you of our decisions and what is going on with the faction. Based on the feedback, we are improving in sections.
Marvin Low

Faction Update (03)

LSSD Bot
We've now introduced a better way for members of this faction to make requests, for Structured Interviews, Basic Sergeant Supervisory School and Field Training Program.

This will allow members to directly request and instantly tag all members revelant for the request.

We'll be able to monitor who claims a ticket and who deals with them. This'll go against our activity checks at the end of each month.

If you feel your bureau or division would benefit from this tool, then please reach out to @Francis Hopkins and we'll get it setup.

Some examples of what we already have deployed can be found below
screenshots: show

Central Patrol Division
@Douglas Parker has reassigned @Connor Hackett and @Helen Adler into A/Unit Commander of West Vinewood Station, and A/Operations Lieutenant of East Los Santos Station respectively. These individuals have been chosen due to their mentality and focus on roleplay and fostering station culture. We aim to see a more interactive Central Patrol Division administration where faction members are actively encouraged to take part in culture and roleplay opportunities provided by each station's leadership.

Inactivity
We have identified several inactive members of the faction which has given us better insight into our membership figures and ensures clearer progression for our active members. We will maintain closer monitoring of faction activity as a whole.

West Vinewood Station
Updates have been made to the new West Vinewood Station mod to address concerns regarding performance and also to remove the remaining construction objects. This has not yet been deployed to the live server but we should expect this in the coming week. Thanks again @Ricardo Papier.
Screenshot: show

Weapons Training Unit
The Weapons Training Unit (WTU) are currently experimenting with providing more in-character events for faction members to participate in. The goal of these is to provide better insight into how to roleplay around firearms and also to provide more practical firearms courses so that we can teach faction members in a controlled environment how to better conduct themselves in critical incidents (shootouts).

Forum Restructure
We are currently looking to restructure aspects of our forums for a better user experience based on the recent feedback we have received. We have started by hiding unnecessary sections and making general forum navigation more straight forward. We fixed a lot of the structure thanks to @Roderick Hayward. I will start by assisting him further starting today.

Faction Thread
We are aiming to be more active on our faction thread, thanks to @Helen Adler and the others who have been posting, we are able to show people our role-play.
Screenshots: show
Our Thread
Marvin Low