To make sure we’re getting the best applicants you must pass a number of exams and screenings. The full process to become a Deputy Sheriff Trainee can be shorter or longer, depending on the applicant.
1. Complete and submit an online application.
2. You will be assigned a Background Investigator, who will conduct a thorough background investigation.
3. Take the Multiple Choice exam consisting of Multiple Choice answers. If you receive a passing score, you immediately advance to take the Validated Physical Ability Test.
4. Take the Validated Physical Ability Test (VPAT). (( NPC ))
5. Complete the Structured Interview.
6. Schedule and complete a Jail tour and patrol station ride-along. Further information about the ride-along program can be found here.
7. Complete a medical examination, to evaluate your physical ability to perform the duties of a Deputy Sheriff. (( NPC ))
8. Assigned to an Academy.
9. Attend the POST certified Sheriffs Academy at this location: S.T.A.R.S. Center, Palomino Highlands, Los Santos County, San Andreas.