Kenneth Larosa
LSSD Executive Staff
LSSD Executive Staff

Monthly Newsletter — September 2023

Post by Kenneth Larosa »

HOME / MONTHLY NEWSLETTER

MESSAGE FROM THE SHERIFF

Hello everyone,

We are now in our third month on LS-RP, and it has been a promising start to what I hope will be a long and successful journey on this server. There's no question that the server is currently going through some challenging times, as anticipated from a server management perspective. We knew there would be a high influx of players initially, followed by a settling period and eventual growth in the long run.

We are currently in a phase as we approach another period of growth for the server. We have new developers who are hard at work to bring updates that many of the player base have been eagerly awaiting. This is a positive development and the outlook is optimistic.

So, what does this mean for our faction? I understand that morale and spirit might be generally low right now, and I don't blame anyone for feeling that way. However, every day I log onto the server, it never ceases to amaze me how resilient, active, and reliable we are as a faction. We consistently provide the server with high-quality roleplay, and I couldn't be prouder of our accomplishments.

I know I mentioned in the last update that faction suggestions are open, and I have to admit that I haven't had the chance to go through them properly. I will start reviewing and managing the suggestions we currently have. One thing I want to point out is that some of the suggestions are more suited for server-wide improvements, and at the moment, such suggestions are not being considered. Therefore, I kindly request that you focus on providing suggestions related specifically to our faction.

As always, I want to express my gratitude to all those who remain committed and dedicated to our cause. Your efforts do not go unnoticed. Keep up the tremendous work!

I also want to reach out to those in America. I know that there is severe weather and hurricanes causing real harm. If you are affected by this weather, please know that you are in our prayers, and we wish for your safety and well-being.

Regards,
Kenneth Larosa

Sheriff Kenneth Larosa

MEET THE TEAM

COMMANDER JORDAN KNIGHT
AREA 2 COMMANDER , COUNTYWIDE OPERATIONS

Commander Jordan Knight joined the department at the age of eighteen. A now 46 year veteran of the Sheriff's Department. Over his tenure in the department, Commander Knight has held a multitude of different assignments, predominantly in the Special Enforcement Bureau. He was quick to join the Special Weapons Team shortly after receiving his first promotion to the civil title of Deputy Sheriff. Knight found himself working alongside some of the legendary names that set the foundations of what the Special Enforcement Bureau is today.

He jumped at the opportunity to take up a Scout position in one of the tactical teams, where he sat for six years. He took over the team after graduating the leadership school in 1992, and stayed there until late 1999. He then rose through the ranks quickly, as his sheer determination to get things done efficiently, and by the book. Knight was promoted into the department's Command Staff at the rank of Captain just shortly after his sixtieth birthday.

Currently, Knight is the Area 2 Commander, Countywide Operations. If he's not at his desk, you'll find him out showing the newer generation how it's done at the range, fishing with Lieutenants Garcia & Miller, playing golf with Sheriff Larosa, or at home in the garden with his beloved wife, Jude.

DEPUTY OF THE MONTH

DEPUTY SHERIFF GEORGE HARKAS

Deputy of the Month award recognizes the exceptional contributions and achievements of law enforcement personnel, highlighting their commitment to upholding the principles of justice and ensuring the safety of their communities. Thus, we would like to announce that the Deputy of the Month award goes to DEPUTY SHERIFF GEORGE HARKAS.

DEPUTY SHERIFF GEORGE HARKAS is a Traffic Deputy with the Davis Station Traffic Detail. Deputy Harkas has helped the department in several different factors, without hesitation, and within exceptional matters. We thank them for their contributions.

PROMOTIONS

August was a month with a lot of promotions and new assignments for a lot of people. We're happy to congratulate those promoted this month. We also wish to send the best of luck to:

Deputy Sheriff Trainee → Deputy Sheriff
  • David Wells
    Garo Brown
    Kevin Parker
Deputy Sheriff → Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
  • Benedict Figueroa
    Jevonte Thompson
Deputy Sheriff → Deputy Sheriff (Bonus II)
  • Cooper Pierce
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I) → Deputy Sheriff (Bonus II)
  • Austin Huckleberry
    Lee Chen
    Lucius Campbell
    Robert Ford
    Ryan Lanning
    Troy Lawrence
    Valerie Rubio
(( Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I) → Sergeant ))
  • Nicholas Garbone
    Samuel Mejia
(( Deputy Sheriff (Bonus II) → Sergeant ))
  • Ruben Garcia
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus II) → Sergeant
  • Russell Weathers
Sergeant → Lieutenant
  • Jacob Kingsley
    Mark Bowen
    Naomi Tazawa
Lieutenant → Captain
  • Emilio Colon
Captain → Commander
  • Jordan Knight

(( FACTION UPDATES ))

RETURN OF IN GAME ACADEMIES, RECRUITMENT CHANGES
For academy drive 0823, we did an NPC academy due to issues from our first academy drive of the server opening. However, we have revamped things and will be back to not NPC this academy drive. The administrative, classroom side, will still be NPC. But the mandatory class will cover things like firearms safety, traffic stops, felony stops, etc. The Staffing Unit in the Training Bureau will now only be responsible for teaching those academies, whereas before they also helped process the applications and issued the post academy exams. Academy drive 0923 starts today, September 1st. We will now issue a full schedule at the start of the academy drives to set the expectations of deadlines from the start. Those deputies interested in being in the Staffing Unit should see THIS thread for more information.

COMMUNICATIONS & FLEET MANAGEMENT BUREAU
During August, we brought the Communications & Fleet Management Bureau to life. Several deputies have alt accounts in the bureau, and are still working in the background to lay a solid foundation. Those interested in having an alt account in the bureau should see THIS thread.

FACTION SURVEY
During August, we had another faction survey go out from ES. We will be seeing results within the next few weeks, and thank everyone who contributed. Your opinions are valued.

MORE FACTION GUNS
We got more faction duty weapons during August, including the long awaited Locke 17.

BSSS
BSSS applicants closed at the start of August, and all the candidates who got through are working on finishing up their patrols. We should have a new round of Sergeants soon!

SHERIFF
KENNETH J. LAROSA
20th Sheriff of Los Santos County
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"

SERGEANT ANTHONY G. DITTMAN
Theodore Lozano
Badge number: 40358

Re: Monthly Newsletter — September 2023

Post by Theodore Lozano »

Nice. Great work SIB!
DISTRICT ATTORNEY Theodore Lozano
CHIEF PROSECUTOR, STATE OF SAN ANDREAS
Zachary Snow
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff

Post by Zachary Snow »

Oh well, good to know about the academy changes.
Deputy Sheriff Zachary Snow
Patrol Deputy, Davis Station
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department ━ "A Tradition of Service"
Thiago Tenorio
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff
Badge number: 40739
Duty Pistol: Glock 19 (9mm)

Post by Thiago Tenorio »

nice
Rest In Peace, DSK.
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus II) Thiago Tenorio
(Acting) Field Training Program Administrator, Field Training Program
Firearms Instructor Deputy, Training Bureau
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I) Tyreese Wallace
Team Member, Special Enforcement Bureau
Sergio Escobedo
LSSD Field Staff
LSSD Field Staff
Badge number: 40106
Duty Pistol: Glock 17 (9mm)
SAMP Name: CésarMedina

Post by Sergio Escobedo »

Woo!
DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS I) SERGIO V. ESCOBEDO
TEAM MEMBER, SPECIAL ENFORCEMENT BUREAU
LOS SANTOS COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT — "A Tradition of Service"

BUREAU DIRECTOR JOSEPH G. MONTEVERDI
UNIT COMMANDER, INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS DIVISION
SERGEANT XIMENA E. CERVANTES
CASE MANAGER, INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU
PROFESSIONAL STANDARDS DIVISION
“One mark of a great soldier is that he fight
on his own terms or fights not at all.”
FAVOURITE CIVILIAN STAFF MEMBER 2023

Newlin Miller
LSSD Supervisory Staff
LSSD Supervisory Staff
Duty Pistol: Glock 41 (.45 ACP)

Post by Newlin Miller »

Sorry for the late response was fishing with Knight and Garcia.
LIEUTENANT NEWLIN J. MILLER
(Acting) Unit Commander, Special Enforcement Bureau
Austin Huckleberry
Retired Deputy Sheriff (Bonus II)
Badge number: 40231
Duty Pistol: Glock 21 (.45 ACP)

Post by Austin Huckleberry »

Rad
DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS II) AUSTIN HUCKLEBERRY
Senior Gang Detail Deputy, Davis Sheriff's Station

Traffic Services Bureau Member of the Year 2017
Day Shift Field Member of the Year 2016

Image Image
Eric Curry
Retired Division Chief
Retired Division Chief
Badge number: 615
Duty Pistol: Glock 17 (9mm)

Post by Eric Curry »

Whole lotta good folks still around, I look forward to getting back into it hopefully sooner than later.

- Carbon
RET. CHIEF FRANCIS DeMARCO
Division Chief, Detective Division
Austin Huckleberry
Badge number: 40231
Duty Pistol: Glock 21 (.45 ACP)

Post by Austin Huckleberry »

Eric Curry wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 07:14 Whole lotta good folks still around, I look forward to getting back into it hopefully sooner than later.

- Carbon
my man
DEPUTY SHERIFF (BONUS II) AUSTIN HUCKLEBERRY
Senior Gang Detail Deputy, Davis Sheriff's Station

Traffic Services Bureau Member of the Year 2017
Day Shift Field Member of the Year 2016

Image Image
Theodore Lozano
Badge number: 40358

Post by Theodore Lozano »

Eric Curry wrote: 22 Sep 2023, 07:14 Whole lotta good folks still around, I look forward to getting back into it hopefully sooner than later.

- Carbon
Yes pls come back

- Marauder
DISTRICT ATTORNEY Theodore Lozano
CHIEF PROSECUTOR, STATE OF SAN ANDREAS